Recipe by MoreWithLessMom
This is a nice healthier bread for an automatic bread machine. This was a handwritten recipe so I don't have the details like what size loaf it makes, sorry! This recipe is very forgiving. I have used all all-purpose flour, pizza dough yeast, substituted applesauce for the oil... One packet of yeast is 2 1/4 tsp, just under 1 Tbl.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup molasses or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup wheat flour or 1 cup rye flour or 1 cup bran flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- You can use 3 cups bread flour or 2 cups bread flour and 1 cup rye or bran or whatever flour.
- You can also use half and half instead of the honey/molasses.
- Add ingredients according to your bread machine's manual, or as listed. Usually wet, then dry, then yeast.
- Bake using Bread or Regular cycle.