Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Surprise your Sweetie or your kids with these fun cookies on Valentine's Day!! I am a lover of the tiny red candy cinnamon hearts. You can decorate with those or get the pink and red M&Ms celebrated for this day. You can purchase a Wilton 6-pc heart cookie cutter set which are multiple sizes. I used that set for making these cookies. I did not roll the dough, but placed an amount of dough into each heart. The M&Ms will not melt while baking, but the cinnamon hearts will. After baking for 5 to 7 minutes I removed them from the oven and placed the hearts on at that time to prevent melting. You may want to have the tiny candy hearts on the entire time and have a little more "spread" of the flavor. Enjoy the Fun!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- red cinnamon candies (hearts)
- M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Mix room softened butter with sugar and vanilla.
- Combine cinnamon with salt and flour. Add to butter mixture and mix until it forms a dough.
- On waxed paper press a small amount of dough into a heart shaped cookie cutter. If using M&Ms decorate after placing cookie dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- If using red cinnamon heart candies, place undecorated cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet in a 325 degree oven. Remove after 5-7 minutes and decorate with red cinnamon heart candies. Place back in oven and finish baking. This allows candies to not get completely melted.
- TOTAL time for baking cookies is approximately 15 minutes. Do NOT let cookies get brown edges.
- Yield depends on size of cookie used. 36 is an approximate amount.
Made these for Valentine's Day a couple weeks ago, and they were just perfect. I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon hearts but couldn't stop eating them when they were combined with the shortbread. And my bf, who absolutely adores cinnamon hearts, thought they were just fabulous too. Very easy, and will definitely make them again!