Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
For the rice lovers out there, this is a fantastic rice dish. It can be eaten as as side dish or wrapped with chicken and cheese in a burrito.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 cups v 8 juice (regular or low-sodium)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, frozen
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat., Add the rice and cook for 30 seconds. Stirring constantly.
- Stir the vegetable juice, basil and garlic powder in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetables. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice and veggies are tender.