Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious appetizer is a bit different than those already posted in that it doesn't call for cream cheese, mayonnaise or ranch. I've been making it since I entered it in one of my first 4-H competitions when I was young; it's always delicious. It makes a really pretty presentation! Great for a wedding or baby shower. I got the recipe from our local paper. Guessing on the preparation time. This is my first recipe to post, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! The amount of veggies is an estimate; I usually chop them into fairly small pieces and just pile it on! Please make this your own and use whatever vegetables your family and friends enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton French onion dip
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate dough into triangles; place on a greased 12 inch pizza pan. To form crust, firmly press perforations together to seal and pat into shape. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Cool crust completely.
- Spread dip onto cool crust. Then sprinkle with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, green onions, olive and eggs.
- Top with cheeses.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Great, easy, veggie-ful "pizza"! I didn't add the hard boiled egg, and used cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, tomato, and yellow bell pepper as my vegetables. The dip was a great base; I used just enough to get the veggies to "stick" and thought it added a great flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Can you say, "yum". I loved the ease of making this pizza. And what a great way to get the daily requirement of veggies. And the use of onion dip was inspired, instead of a plain white sauce. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Stacy. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
First of all, I would like to thank you for your lovely review of my Zuchinni & Cheese Patties...I am so glad you enjoyed them. To show my appreciation, I decided to make this one. What a great little appetizer. We loved the French onion dip as the base. How easy is that!!!!! Great flavor and everyone raved about it. Thanks, StacyMD187373, for sharing it.