Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are so good. When inverted onto a rack, all the gooey good stuff is on the top. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes, but my advise is make a double recipe of these delicious cupcakes, they will be gone in a flash!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 36 -48 walnut halves
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened or 1⁄4 cup shortening, melted
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease very well, 12 muffin cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine the 1/4 cup melted butter, brown sugar and 1 Tbsp water; simmer for 1 minute.
- Place 3-4 walnut halves in the bottom of each of prepared muffin cups.
- Evenly divide, and pour the cooked mixture over the walnuts in the muffin cups.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream 1/4 cup butter (or shortening if using).
- Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Blend in dry ingredients alternately with the 1/2 cup water (or milk if using), beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Fill the muffin cups 1/2 full with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done.
- Remove from the muffin tins, let cool INVERTED on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate; cook over very low heat until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in 2 Tbsp butter; keep warm.
- Spread on the sides of cup-cakes.