Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Caramel and apple create a luscious individual breakfast sweet with the convenience of Grands biscuits.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook butter and caramel topping over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and bubbly.
- Stir in brown sugar and apples.
- Cook over medium-high heat 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, spray 8 (10-ounce) custard cups or 8 (12-ounce) ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon pecans in each cup.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup caramel-apple mixture evenly over pecans in each cup.
- Separate biscuits; gently stretch each biscuit until large enough to cover caramel-apple mixture.
- Place biscuits on top of caramel-apple mixture in each cup.
- Place cups on large cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place cups on cooling rack; cool 5 minutes.
- Place heatproof serving plate upside down on each cup; carefully turn plate and cup over to remove cakes.
- Serve warm.
OMG! These are so delicious and sinful! I made these at the cottage last weekend for Dh and myself. The neighbors stopped over sniffing so we all had a delectable treat! My goodness this is soooooo simple to make from refrigerator staples. I used empire instead of grannysmith apples as that is what grows on our trees. MOM keep these recipes coming! I cannot believe how these tasted using biscuits. Who'd a thunk it? I plan to make these again and again as it is apple season here. I am drooling just writing the review. lol I also am going to try this recipe with the apple pie mix I froze to see how it adjusts with partially cooked apples. DH wants these to take to the office tomorrow so he is atually picking a few more apples for me today so I can make these for his Saturday staff at the office. I laughed and asked will hey really get some or re you just trying to get more and me smiled. I guess 2 batches are in order. YUMMY! Made for AUS/NZ Swap Sept 11
What a lovely treat. I made two versions, with and without pecans for my dh. He is allergic to nuts. Quick, easy to make with great results. What's not to like. Thank you for sharing this recipe. :)