Recipe by ladypit
This is from a column written by the American Institute for Cancer Research published in the Daily Oklahoman. It sounds like a great use for frozen blueberries, and a way to get all of those healthy anti-oxidants!
Top Review by South Carolina Girl
This sauce is fantastic! I used Splenda so that that I could use it for Weight Watchers' Core plan. I plan to try it with some cheesecake pudding. I halved the recipe, thinking it would be too much for just me, but I definitely could have made the full amount! Thanks for the recipe! Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 inch strip lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost the berries.
- Put them in a deep pan and add the lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until the berries are really juicy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and boil until the berries are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and bring to a boul over medium-high heat.
- Pout it into a heat-proof container and cool it to room temp.
- It should thicken as it cools.
- Remove the lemon zest.
- Cover it and refrigerate it.
- It can keep for up to a week in the fridge.