Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is the winning recipe from this week's Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Sita R. Prabhu Desai. Prawn lovers are going to love this, I'm so sure! The number of servings is a guesstimate.
- 1⁄2 kg prawns
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1⁄2 cup tamarind pulp, thick juice (soak tamarind in water to extract juice)
- 1 cup oil
- 5 -6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves, packed,chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- De-scale and clean the prawns.
- Grind the asafoetida, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds in your grinder.
- Marinate prawns with red chilli powder, tamarind juice, asafoetida-mustard-fenugreek seeds powder and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Pour a cup of oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onions and garlic in it till soft.
- Add the marinated prawns and chopped corriander leaves.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on low flame.
- Serve with your favourite curry and rice accomanied with some sliced tomatoes.