1/6 Photos of Untraditional Chile Rellenos
This is a heathlier version of a chile relleno. This is not a traditional relleno, but it is fast and easy to make in the microwave. Yes, microwave! I got this recipe from a lady that sells chile at the farmers market and I tried and really liked it for a quick chile relleno fix! Hope you like it too. You can use whatever cheese you want and use prepared bread crumbs if you want. I included step by step photos to help make these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix bread crumbs with salt and garlic powder.
- 2Remove stems from chile and seed if you want. Cut open and lay chile flat.
- 3Divide the 1/2 cup cheese between the 4 chiles and place 2 strips of tomatoe in each.
- 4Close up chile and sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on them.
- 5Sprinkle bread crumbs on chiles. May not need the whole cup, maybe 3/4 cup.
- 6Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of bread crumbs.
- 7Microwave for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Untraditional Chile Rellenos
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.5
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 1512.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 30.8 g