Recipe by UnknownChef86
These taste like the inside of a Mounds bar! If you like, drizzle or dunk them in melted chocolate for a Mounds wannabe! The amount made is a guesstimation, as I don't remember exactly how many cookies this makes.
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening with vanilla.
- Add sugar gradually, beating til fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Thoroughly blend in 1 3/4 cups coconut.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add 1/2 of this mixture to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Add remainder of mixture; stir til it holds together.
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Roll in remaining coconut.
- Place 3/4" apart on lighly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet, then remove.