Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Uncle Vinnie was from the Tuscany region of Italy.
Make and share this Uncle Vinnie's Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Pour the canned tomatoes into a large bowl, reserving the juice.
- Crush the tomatoes by hand and put them in a pot.
- Add the onions,garlic and 1/2 cup of the juice and season with salt and pepper, stir.
- Cook until the sauce is thick, about 15 minutes, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Bring to a boil stirring with a wooden spoon to further break up the tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in fresh basil and check seasoning.
This made for a yummy lunch for dear daughter and I today. We both thought the sauce was simple, yet very tasty. Will make a larger batch next time and keep some in the freezer. It would make a good base for other Italian dishes. Made for PAC 2008