Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is my brother in laws recipe. I use 7 cups of flour with the extra cup for rolling depending on the weather.
- 59.16 ml of melted butter
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml milk
- 9.85 ml cream of tartar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1656.13-1892.72 ml flour
- sugar, for dusting
- oil or shortening (for frying)
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add to cream mixture alternatly with the milk.
- Roll, in batches , about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into doughnut shapes.
- Fry in fat 365 degrees.
- Flip when golden brown and continue cookng.
- Remove form fat, drain on a rack and while still warm roll in sugar.
It's nice to see a good doughnut recipe that you can make from scratch. These doughnuts were awesome and they will be made again! I dipped some in confectionary sugar, sugar and cinnamon and sugar mix. They were quickly eaten in a flash!
These were great, I reduced the recipe by half and still got a ton of doughnuts the instruction do not mention what kind of flour so I used all-purpose, I used my deep-fryer for this, we all enjoyed the doughnuts over the weekend, thanks for sharing wicked cook!
Oh how I loved biting into my first doughnut! What a great breakfast I had. Chai Tea with two of these babies :) I dipped some of mine in sugar and some in sugar and cinnamon. I loved them both! My friends family enjoyed the rest dipping into the stash until they were gone Easter day! Thank you for sharing this recipe with us Wicked! Made for Newest Zaar Stars 4/09 Linda