1/25 Photos of Uncle Bill's Whipped Shortbread Cookies
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
These are very easy to make shortbread cookies. They are so good that they melt in your mouth, you hardly have to chew them. I have been making them for over 35 years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, combine butter, flour, icing sugar and vanilla extract; mix until mixture is a smooth consistency.
- 3Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 4Spoon out dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets by teaspoonfuls or by tablespoons for larger cookies, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- 5Cut maraschino cherries into quarters and place one piece in the middle of each cookie, alternating with red and green cherries.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned, DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.
- 8Transfer onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- 9Store in a container with a lid and separate each layer with wax paper.
- 10NOTE: If you wish to add some flavor to the cookies, add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract or almond extract.
- 11Use sprinkles, half an almond or half a cashew or chocolate to the top of the cookies before baking.
- 12A thumbprint in the cookie, filled with your choice of jam is very tasty.
- 13It has been suggested that the cookies be refrigerated for at least 1/2 hour before baking for a different texture.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 67.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g