Cathy's Whipped Shortbread Cookies
photo by Chef burnt toast
- Ready In:
- 1 lb butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, then add icing sugar and cornstarch. Mix and whip until light and creamy.
- Then add vanilla and flour (a bit at a time) and whip again until light and creamy.
- Drop from a spoon or use a cookie gun to make shapes on a pan.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on size of cookie (just until set and starting to turn pale golden).
Thank you Chef burnt toast for a perfect butter cookie that works in a cookie press!!!! I have hunted all over for a delicate, buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookie like the ones you buy in tins and this is THE one. I made these today and in about 1 hour from start to finish had beautiful, buttery delicious cookies. My cookies only took about 12 or so minutes to bake with 2 sheets, rotating from top to bottom shelves halfway through baking. This will be my only butter cookie recipe from now on. I am so glad that I looked a bit harder this year and found your wonderful recipe. 5 stars is not enough, in my opinion.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to cook....love to eat....