Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My DW decided that she would like to have something different for dinner, so we worked on something that can be hand held to be eaten. We purchased some Old El Paso Taco Shells, White Corn - 12 to a box. Not difficult to make and they taste so good.
- 3 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, of your choice
- 1⁄2 large avocado, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup canned sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup canned red kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped black forest ham
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, of your choice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, of your choice for taco shells
- Place taco shells in a toaster oven at 375 F and heat for about 5 minutes or until shells are lightly browned and crisp.
- In a large bowl, mix together, shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, shredded carrot, chopped green onions, sliced black olives, red kidney beans, sweet red pepper, chopped black forest ham, chopped cooked chicken breast, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix well to blend and coat.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- When taco shells are lightly browned, remove from toaster oven and let cool for 1 minute.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise inside each taco shell, careful not to break the shells.
- Spoon filling mixture carefully ino each shell without beaking the shell.
- Wrap each taco delight in a napkin and serve.
- You may also use cooked pork loin cutlets, chopped small, instead of chicken breasts.
- This filling is nice and mushy and if you prefer a drier filling, reduce the mayonnaise to suit your taste.
- You can also brown and crisp the taco shells in the oven at 375 F for 5 minutes.
This was so weird I was intrigued. What a yummy combo of flavours! Totally unexpected with the beans, carrots and avocado. Loved it. Thanks for a great recipe! :-)