Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are a very tasty treat and very easy to make.
- 1⁄4 lb dried and pitted dates
- 1⁄4 lb dried fig
- 1⁄4 lb golden seedless raisins
- 1⁄4 lb black currants
- 1⁄4 lb slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 lb chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- In a food processor, whirl dates, figs, raisins, and currants until coarsely chopped.
- Turn into a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor, whirl almonds, pecans and ginger, using an on-and-off motion, until coarsely chopped.
- Add to chopped fruit along with Brandy and mix well to blend.
- Place icing sugar in a shallow dish.
- Form fruit mixture into tight 1 inch balls and roll in icing sugar.
- Place sugar plums in a covered container using wax paper to separate each layer and keep refrigerated.
- They will keep for several weeks when refrigerated.
- Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before using.