1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
These pork chops are very tender and tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (see Note*)
- 4 large pork loin chops, minimum 1-inch thick (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 3 ounces packaged onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup grated padano cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon of cold water.
- 3Add seasoned bread crumbs to a separate bowl.
- 4Dip pork chops in the egg mixture, then toss in the bread crumbs to coat well.
- 5In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add olive oil, then add coated pork chops and fry for 2 minutes, turn over and fry for an additional 2 minutes or until chops are a golden brown.
- 6Prepare a 9" x 9" oven-proof casserole dish by rubbing inside with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 7Place browned pork chops into the prepared casserole dish in a single layer.
- 8In a mixing bowl, whisk together mushroom soup, onion soup mix, 3/4 cup of water and whisk well to blend.
- 9Pour mixture over the pork chops.
- 10Sprinkle the top of the pork chops with padano cheese.
- 11Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 45 minutes.
- 12Reduce heat to 325 F, turn pork chops over and continue to cook for another 15 to 20 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
- 13*NOTE: Mix together 1/2 cup of sour dough bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Breaded Pork Loin Chops in Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Sodium 2572.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g