Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A healthy dense/fudgie chocolate treat. I like the brownie mix with the chocolate chunks.
- Thoroughly mix pumpkin and brownie mix. (easiest with a wooden spoon).
- Pour into greased/Pam'ed 9x9 pan.
- Warm peanut butter in microwave. 30 seconds or so. Stir.
- Pour/drizzle on top of brownie. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. (you can "feel" when done -- it firms up,check middle).
- If you double use a 9x13 pan and bake 45 minutes.
- Cool on counter.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
I used Ghiradelli double chocolate brownie mix, and added a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. These were good, very dense, although the peanut butter was kind of funky. Maybe because I used natural peanut butter, it got clumpy and dry on top. But it tasted good!
A nutritious brownie! And THE EASIEST I've ever seen, mixes included! Super moist. ...The problem is ...they're sorta' bland. "Okay" at best, even given the other pluses. I used a Betty Crocker brownie mix with chocolate chunks, an organic, canned pumpkin puree, and Peter Pan smooth peanut butter. It needed more sweetness, and more pizzazz (flavor). It was if the pumpkin and chocolate flavors canceled each other. I may try it again, and put pumpkin pie spice in part of the batter. May also add 1/4-1/3 cup of Splenda or some drops of EZ-Sweetz artificial sweetener.
For the nutritional value of a brownie: 5*.
For fast AND EASY!: 5*.
For taste: 1*. Sorry, I really did want to LOVE these!
These were very good, and with so few ingredients! Although the directions specify refrigerating the brownies after baking, I found I liked them better without chilling.