Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've always loved when my mother made cornish hens. These can be quite flavorful and juicy. A hen can be stuffed with any side (rice, corn, stuffing, etc.) of your choice. I usually leave the hen un-stuffed and place sides on the plate to complete the dish.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb Cornish hen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper (really any seasoning of your choice)
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the thawed hen from it's wrapping and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Smother or brush the olive oil over the hen.
- Squeeze lemon juice down the center of the hen.
- Sprinkle the hen with salt & pepper (or any seasoning of your choice).
- Place hen on roast pan and let it cook for 35 minutes.