Recipe by Audrey M
A wonderful recipe for those who like to fish. I have used this recipe on various types of fresh fish.
Top Review by Oolala
Well, I must agree with Teri, the previous reviewer, that if you love fried catfish but are trying to eat healthier, this is a good alternative. We liked it but didn't love it. I used Emeril's Essence for the blackening spices (not sure what was to be used). I have a cajun blend but it has so much salt that I hardly use it. I think I would have liked the salt here. Thanks for posting.
- light vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- spray the vegetable oil over baking sheet 3 times to coat.
- Put cornmeal, thyme, and basil on large plate and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp lemon pepper, and 1 tsp of blackening seasoning on each catfish fillet.
- Coat the fillets thoroughly with cornmeal mixture and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Dust each fillet with 1/8 tsp of paprika.
- Coat the catfish lightly with cooking spray.
- Place baking sheet on bottom shelf of oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for about 5 minutes more, until the crust is golden and the fish flakes easily.