Recipe by Campbell's Kitchen
The secret to making these potatoes extra-flavorful is cooking them in chicken broth. Then they're mashed until perfectly smooth and creamy with just the right amount of butter, cream and pepper.
- 3 1⁄2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces to make about 1 . 5 cups (about 2 1/2 pounds potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- generous dash ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's® Turkey Gravy, heated according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, reserving the broth.
- Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup reserved broth, the cream, butter and black pepper. Add additional reserved broth, if needed, until desired consistency. Serve with the gravy.
- Easy Substitution: For Ultra Creamy Sweet Potatoes, substitute 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 1/2 cups) for the potatoes. Makes 5 servings.