- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml superfine sugar
- 1 margarine, melted
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml self-rising flour
- 4-5 sweet green apples, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- 14.79 ml vanilla sugar
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease and line a 8 1/2 springform cake pan.
- Mix eggs and superfine sugar until blended.
- Add melted margerine, baking powder and almond extract to egg/sugar mix.
- Slowly add flour to mixture, while stirring. Mix until well blended.
- Pour two thirds of the batter into the pan. Place sliced apples over batter. Cover apples with rest of batter. Sprinkle vanilla sugar over batter.
- Bake until cake is golden brown. (50-60 mins). Let cake cool slightly before serving.