Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
When my husband was a teen he lived with a Ukrainian family in Dauphin, MB. This was one of his favourites. He now makes it every Christmas and is required by several friends to make "care" packages for them. Very rich and delicious. Tub size 4 x 8 x 2 1/2 inch
- Crepe: Mix all ingredients together.
- To a hot skillet add 1 tsp.
- of oil, pour ¼ cup batter spreading it evenly on the whole bottom of the skillet.
- Fry lightly on both sides.
- Flip them over on a pile in a dish.
- Filling: Beat eggs well and melt margarine.
- Add to cheese filling.
- Spread the filling in an even layer over the crepe and roll, cut in the middle and place in baking dish with the cut ends against the side of the pan.
- At this point you can cover the nalysnky and freeze for later or proceed to baking.
- When you decide to bake the nalysnky, pour heavy or whipping cream over the top, cover and bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 300° Fahrenheit.
- Watch that they do not get scorched.