This is so easy and quick. You usually will have all these ingredients at home and it looks and tastes great, crusty on top. Serve with rolls and salad and there's a meal that will be enjoyed
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease a pie plate.
- Mix broccoli with 2 cups of the cheese, chicken and onion in the pie plate.
- Beat eggs, milk, Bisquick, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour over broccoli mix in the pie plate.
- Bake until a knife inserted comes out clean 30-40 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven just long enough until the cheese has melted 1-2 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and then serve.
I made this for our supper the other night. It was just the two of us and we both thought the pie was outstanding. A very simple recipe. Chicken, broccoli and cheeese--always a winning combination. I served with a nice salad. Thanks for a great meal.
Much as I like turkey sandwiches enough can be enough!! This was a great way to use up some of that turkey (or chicken. I had a small Xmas in Aug dinner and the turkey leftovers served other visitors later in the month. Thanks again Bergy.
Sorry, but I thought this was pretty bland and a little dry too. I made a half recipe and sauteed 2 cloves fresh garlic with the onion before putting it all together. I subbed some turkey for the chicken to use it up; some swiss and cheddar cheese. It wasn't terrible; it will all get eaten, but I probably won't make again. It's really just missing something. I thought the garlic would help, but not really. I added some salt/pepper/garlic powder (Paula's house seasoning) to my portion which helped some.