Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are not fried in the symbolic olive oil but they are very good, anyway. I found these in Cooking Light, December 2005. We served these with applesauce and low-fat sour cream. Delish!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh onion
- 1 lb shredded peeled baking potato
- 1⁄2 lb shredded peeled sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- green onion, strips garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Drizzle a jelly-roll pan evenly with oil, tilting pan to coat.
- Combine grated onion and potatoes in a sieve, squeeze out excess moisture.
- Combine potato mixture, flour and next 5 ingredients(through egg) in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, squeezing out excess liquid.
- Shape each portion into 1/4" patty, place on prepared pan.
- Lightly coat tops of patties with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Carefully turn patties over, bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, turning every 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.