Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Another recipe from my dear friend. No doubt an effort to make homemade buns something SHE didn't always have to do FOR me!! (prep time includes kneading; passive/cook time includes rising time)
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 3 cups warm water
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- additional flour
- Mix yeast well with first 4 cups flour.
- In a large, lightly greased mixing bowl, place flour and yeast and add remaining ingredients, adding approximately another 4 cups of flour to form soft dough.
- Cover and let rise 15 minutes and punch down.
- Let rise again for 10 minutes and then form buns, placing on cookie sheets.
- Let rise in warm place (in the oven with the light on) for 30 minutes.
- Bake 15 minutes at 375°F.
This is a great recipe! I follow the recipe as is and my buns are perfect everytime. The amount of time they take and the quality of the outcome is awesome. Thank-you for the recipe
These buns turned out just GREAT! I used 1 teaspoon of salt, a bit less than 1/2 cup sugar, and about 3 3/4 cup additional flour instead of 4 cups. They're delicious, and so quick! Thanks!