Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a holiday cookbook. I changed some of the ingredients to suit our personal tastes, but it's the only way I can get anyone in my family to eat spinach. It's so good!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, eggs, milk, butter, onion, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and cayenne until combined.
- Fold in spinach and both monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately.