Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on the Weight Watchers website. I had some apples I needed to use and this was perfect. (12 servings/3pts each)
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 340.19 g can diet 7-Up or 340.19 g can Sprite
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add sliced apples evenly.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over apples.
- Pour soda GENTLY over cake mix.
- DO NOT MIX- Just pour slowly.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, covered, for 30 minutes, and uncovered for 30 minutes.
- I halved the recipe using only 3 apples, 1 box of Jiffy Mix cake mix, 6 oz of Diet 7-up and 9" pie pan! It was still wonderful!
I used a 9x9 pan and started out with only 3 apples as stated, but ended up putting a whole sack of small granny smith apples. I used about 8-10 small apples and followed the rest of the recipe. The jiffy size cake mix was adequate, even for all those apples. I wish I would have added a bit of cinnamon, but I will do that next time. And there will be a next time. Everyone loved it!! I topped mine with cool whip, but I think ice cream would be great too. Thanks.
I loved this. what a quick treat and a people pleaser. I used some of the pampered chef cinnimon topper on this. I just sprinkled it on after the sprite. it added color and flavor. it is now an easy family favorite in my house.
This was very good, but the next time I make it, I'm going to use some cinnamon to spice it up a bit. My DH who doesn't care too much for anything that is not chocolate, liked it very much also. Thanks so much for posting!