Recipe by Twiggyann
I miss living where Pizza Hut has a taco pizza. I had a craving and went looking for a recipe. I didn't find one so I whipped this up. It's close to PH but they don't use taco seasoning in their beef.
Top Review by Susie D
This was easy & very adaptable to any family's preferences. I used Recipe #35805 for the dough and used ground turkey instead of the beef. I added 1 diced (seeded) jalapeno and 1/3 of a green pepper, sliced black olives, and the onions to the pizza before baking. I only used about 1/3 of the head of lettuce. We enjoyed our pizza night. Thanks Twig!
- 1 (14 inch) pizza dough
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your favorite pizza dough and roll it out onto a 14 inch pizza pan. (I use a thick and chewy type dough so your cooking time may vary if you choose a thin crust or a pan crust).
- Brown 1 lb of ground beef with one package of taco seasoning mix. (I don't add the water the mix calls for.) Drain ground beef and set aside to cool.
- Warm up the refried beans in the same pan you used to cook the ground beef just enough to make the beans spreadable.
- Spread the beans on the pizza dough evenly. Top with the ground beef. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the cheese over beef and beans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until dough is golden and the toppings are hot.
- Immediately cut the pizza into slices, leaving the slices in the pan.
- Spread the lettuce over the top, sprinkle with tomatoes, onions, and the rest of the cheese. (I used about 3/4 of a head of lettuce, 3/4 of a tomato, and an entire small onion -- but you could use 1/3 that and still have a hearty pizza.).
- Serve with taco sauce & sour cream if you like.