Recipe by Katha
Quick do ahead side dish. Leaving time for other things. Please note prep time also includes cool time.
Top Review by Nif
Easy to make and tasty too! I would make these again for sure, just double the seasoning. I used low or no fat ingredients, including the cheddar cheese and skipped the margarine. Very nice! Made for My 3 Chefs. Thanks Katha! :)
- 5 baking potatoes (4 med-large 1 small)
- 1⁄8 cup grated romano cheese (or a combo) or 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese (or a combo)
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk or 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or a combo) or 1 cup mild cheddar cheese (or a combo)
- 1 green onion top, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes; pat dry.
- Poke holes in potatoes with a fork.
- Place in microwave& nuke at 4 minute intervals testing for doneness after each interval.
- This may take 16 minutes or less.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice potatoes in half.
- Scoop out potato pulp leaving some in the shell of 8 of the halves.
- After removing pulp from the small potato discard skin.
- Place potato pulp in a bowl.
- Add milk, sour cream margarine garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, green onion top and cheeses.
- Mash with mixer till desired consistency at this point you may need to add more milk or sour cream to your taste and or due to the size of potatoes.
- Stuff potato shells with mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Place on serving platter.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate or proceed.
- When you are ready to serve.
- Place in microwave and nuke 1-2 minutes on high--more or less for your preference.
- 8 Servings.