Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
A twice baked sweet potato for the sweet tooth! Prep time includes the baking time. This was my creation for RSC!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash potatoes and poke all over with a fork then rub with olive oil.
- Place potatoes that have been rubbed with oil in the oven naked for about 1 hour in the middle rack or until done, let cool until you are able to handle them.
- Once cooled slice potatoes in half and scoop out the insides being careful not to break the shell.
- Place the potato pulp in a bowl mash until smooth.
- Next mix in with the pulp the brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and extract.
- Fold in raisins, pecans, and pineapple.
- Scoop pulp back into potato shells and place in a baking dish and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until heated well through.
- Remove from oven and top with marshmallows and place back into the oven and broil until marshmallows are toasted if desired.
These are delicious. I followed that recipe as stated but left out the pineapple didn't have any. I will be making this again. Thank you .
Wow! These were soooooo good! It could almost be a dessert. Made these to go with our Easter ham. Easy to prepare, just had to be really careful when scooping out the potatoes. I followed the recipe, but omitted the marshmallows and garnished them with pecan halves. Thank you for the great recipe, Anme. It's a keeper.
These great tasting yams [which is what I use] accompanied Boomette's Pineapple Pork Chops & were a great hit with the neighbors! I'm a big fan of yams anytime of the year! This recipe is especially great for me, 'cause the shells are part of the finished dish! OUTSTANDING & a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]