Recipe by beckpen
I love this side dish. I make it here often.
Top Review by Marsha D.
These were very good and alittle different from most twice baked potatoes. The flavor of the onion and bell peppers was the nice change. I used cheddar cheese inside the mixture and Monterey Jack Cheese for the top of the potatoes. I also used alittle more whipping cream (in place of the milk. We enjoyed these and will be making again :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow onion
- 3⁄4 cup shredded colby or 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded colby or 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake until tender, 1-1 1/2 hour.
- When potatoes are done, cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temp to 350.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onions.
- Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the tops off the potatoes.
- Carefully scoop out the pulp.
- Reserve the skins.
- In a bowl, mash pulp.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, and veg.
- Spoon mixture into potatoe skins.
- Sprinkle potatoes with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes.