Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great holiday side dish and lighter than the traditional sweet potato casseroles.
Make and share this Twice Baked Cranberry Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean potatoes and pierce with fork.
- Place on oven rack, bake for 1 and 1/4 hours or until tender, and set aside to cool.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop pulp out with a spoon leaving 1/4 inch shell.
- Mash the potato pulp until smooth, stir in cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, butter and salt.
- Spoon mixture back into each shell dividing evenly.
- Place shells in baking pan and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Wow!! I am a new believer in the sweet potato. I just had to try this recipe when I saw twice baked, plus cranberry. My skins ripped a little, but it wasn't too bad. I used the cranberry conserve I make every year, Homemade Cranberry Sauce ("cranberry Fruit Conserve"). The apple and raisins in the sauce made this even better. I'm not sure how healthy it was after adding that, but it was sure good. I will be making these again next year. Made and Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag - Thanks! :)