Prep 2 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delightful twist on a standard dish...
Make and share this Twice-Baked Cheesy Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon freshly snipped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Microwave potatoes on high for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add milk, nutmeg, and pepper, continuously stirring.
- Bring to gentle boil.
- Reduce heat and add Parmesan, cheddar, and parsley.
- Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cooked potatoes from microwave and place in large mixing bowl.
- Break apart the potatoes with a fork.
- Add milk mixture and corn starch, mix until smooth.
- Spoon potatoes into a small casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Plate and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Made as directed but the nutmeg overpowered the small amount of potatoes in went into. Suggest using 1/4 tsp.