1/2 Photos of Twice Baked Buttercup Squash
1 hr 10 mins
This is a great side dish. I have added pecans and everyone loved it. Hope you do too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425°F.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and fibers and discard.
- 3Place squash in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 4Cover tightly with foil.
- 5Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- 6Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 7Reduce oven temp to 375°F.
- 8Scoop out flesh of squash, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shell and set shells aside for now.
- 9Place flesh of squash in a medium bowl.
- 10Add sour cream, salt, nutmeg and nuts if using, mix until smooth.
- 11Fill each shell with the squash mixture.
- 12Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- 13Place filled shells in baking dish.
- 14Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Buttercup Squash
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 209.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: