Steph's Creamy Tomato Parmesan Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 - 1 teaspoon blackened fish seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup frozen green pea (cooked and drained)
- Saute onions and garlic and seasonings (savory, rosemary, salt, pepper, bay leaf, Blackened Redfish Seas) in butter and olive oil.
- Add wine and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and half and half; simmer for 5-7 mintes, stirring frequently.
- Add peas and Parmesan, simmer until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve tossed with your favorite pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Steph, the first 2 steps really make this recipe incredible... it starts as a sensory feast long before it ever touches the palate! I just love a recipe that has me from "hello!" I subbed fat free evaporated milk for the half and half to meet a dietary restriction for heart disease (it's often a good substitute for whole milk, half and half or cream). 2 servings made it to our plates as an entree over grilled chicken and the 2 leftover servings later debuted as a side dish after being baked for 25 minutes in a 400 degree oven with cauliflower under crispy toasted breadcrumbs. Both dishes were excellent. This is a versatile sauce that I am sure has many more faces... possibilities, possibilities!
Talk about serendipity. I didn't have any blackened fish seasoning in the house and was going to use paprika instead, when I got a care package from Miller with some gorgeous smelling blackened fish seasoning. This is really good, and I think I made it extra special but substituting heavy cream for the half and half. I served this over bow-tie noodles together with some poached salmon as a main course. I'm going to make a triple batch next time to keep in the freezer, this is perfect for impressing company!