Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my version of the salisbury steak you get from the frozen dinner section of the grocery store! And yup, I serve it with mashed potatoes and corn too! I don't make mine with any added salt or pepper, but you can add to your own tastes if you want.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, mix together 3-5 Tbsp of the soup with the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and garlic and onion powders.
- Shape into patties.
- In a large frying pan, brown patties on both sides. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the patties in the frying pan, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
The patties fell apart while browning them, so we made gravy instead and put over our potatoes. It still had very good flavor.
We enjoyed this very much!