Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick and easy recipe for Tuscany style chicken. It was inspired by a number of similar dishes I have had over the years.
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt & pepper (prefer white)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup milk (prefer whole)
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- olive oil
- 3 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- penne pasta (box)
- Mix 1 cup of flour in a bowl along with salt, pepper, oregano, and half the basil. This will be used to lightly coat the chicken before cooking. You will want to cut your pepper into long thin strips. Also mix your milk and sour cream and set aside. It's best to add this at room temperature. Your onion should be cut into small pieces to your liking. You will want to trim up your chicken breasts. Make sure to remove any excess skin, veins, and connective tissue.
- Prepare and set aside the box of Penne pasta according to box directions. You will want to keep them al dente.
- While you are warming a skillet with olive oil in the bottom to a medium heat. Go ahead and lightly coat the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour. You will want to bring the outside of the chicken breast to a nice golden brown. Once they are golden on the outside, move them to a oven safe pan and continue to cook them at 350 degrees until they are cooked through.
- In the same pan that you cooked the chicken, you will want to add some chicken stock to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Add the onions and allow to cook for about a minute. Then you will want to add your red peppers & garlic. Continue to cook until they have softened. Once they have reached the desired texture add the remaining stock and milk sour cream mixture, and the remaining basil. Bring this to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
- Add the tablespoon of flour and allow to simmer until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside until the chicken is cooked through if it's not done already.
- Place pasta in the bottom of a bowls, top with a chicken breast. Gently cover the chicken and pasta with the sauce and serve.