Recipe by Miss Fannie
This is a grown-up version of a classic comfort food. Serve it for breakfast or brunch with a fruit salad. Toss some chips and a pickle with it on a lunch plate. Even better, for supper toss a salad, make a bowl of hot minestrone, light some candles, and break out a bottle of red wine.
Top Review by I'mPat
I had this for lunch today and used a wholemeal/wholegrain bread and the only change I made was to toast in the sandwich press, so skipped the oil, not the biggest fan of olives but really liked them in this recipe, thank you Miss Fannie, made for Make My Recipe.
- 2 slices multi- grain bread (Italian or sourdough would be tasty, also)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon black olives, chopped
- 1 slice bacon, crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (I suggest Tuscan Italian Blend Seasoning or a purchased Tuscan seasoning blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon on the oiled sides of the bread. Lay one piece oiled side down in a skillet on medium heat. Sprinkle on cheese, bacon, tomatoes,olives,and the rest of the Tuscan Italian seasoning blend. Top with the other slice of bread. Brown on both sides until toasty and the cheese has melted.