Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy vegetarian appetizer from Everyday Italian.
- 1⁄2 cup diced roasted red pepper (from the jar is okay)
- 1⁄2 cup diced pitted kalamata olive (or green olives)
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (or Parmesan)
- 2 scallions, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the roasted red bell peppers, olives, cheese, scallions, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- On a baking sheet(you may line with parchment paper if you wish or lightly spray with cooking spray) place the mushrooms, cavity side up.
- Spoon the filling into the cavity of the mushrooms.
- Bake until the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Move the mushrooms to a serving platter, sprinkle with chopped basil, and serve. Enjoy!
Wouldn't change a thing either, TRUE! PERFECT for friends at BBQ! Something different, easy to make for me! HIGHLY recommend making this recipe! Thanks!
These were awesome! They got eaten up. I couldn't find dice pitted kalamata olives so I had to do this myself which was tedious but I'd do it again if I had to. Definately use the pecorino cheese; its gets a great melt after cooking. One note, these are pretty salty with the olives, cheese, etc.
Very tasty mushrooms. But somehow we would have like a little bit of melted cheddar cheese on top. Thanks Sharon :) Made for 123 hit wonders