Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Carmel/chocolate dipped pretzel rods from TOH Posted by Dawn to a messageboard somewhere...
Top Review by Not-2-Sweet
Really great! I used chopped peanuts instead of pecans. I also heated my caramel and chocolate in a microwave. Tastes just like a Twix bar! Oh, don't use waxed paper istead of foil like I did... the greased waxed paper stuck to the caramel and we had to make another batch. The foil worked great.
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 ounces pretzel sticks
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler, melt caramels in the water then dip 1/2 of each pretzel into the hot caramel.
- Place on a greased sheet of foil to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat.
- Then dip caramel ends into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Return to foil to cool.
- Poster notes that you can use white chocolate, almond chocolate or other flavors. You can also use sprinkles in place of nuts.