Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
These easy and yummy treats make the perfect little gift that is sure to please everyone!
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag pretzels (mini, rods, or standard)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag milk chocolate melts (Wilton Candy Melts)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening (optional)
- 1 cup red candy melts (Wilton Candy Melts) (optional)
- 1 cup green candy melts (Wilton Candy Melts) (optional)
- DOUBLE BOILER METHOD: Fill lower pan with water to below level of top pan. Bring water to simmer, then remove from heat. Put Candy Melts in top pan and set in position on lower pan. Stir constantly, without beating, until smooth and completely melted.
- MICROWAVE METHOD: In microwave-safe container, microwave 1 package of Candy Melts at half power or defrost setting for 1 minute. Stir throughly. Continue to microwave and stir at 30 second intervals until smooth and completely melted.
- With a fork or dipping spoon, place pretzels into completely melted chocolate. Roll around gently but quickly with the dipper until well covered. Carefully remove and allow excess to drip off and then place on waxed paper to set.
- Drizzle with coloring melts (red & green) for added decoration.
- Leave pretzels to sit for 30 minutes until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION