Recipe by TasteTester
These are oh-so-good, and worth every calorie. I make this special treat for the kids one or two times a year, as dessert with a Mexican meal. (Well, okay, I also enjoy them as a "special treat" for myself.)
Top Review by Sassy in da South
These are to die for!! I fixed these tonite for dessert for some friends and everyone agreed that we would be making them again. I did sprinkle with cinnamon and topped the ice cream with a maraschino cherry. I'll definitely be making these again.
- 8 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chocolate fudge topping
- qood quality vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place one candy bar in the center of a tortilla. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up & over the candy bar, and then fold the sides in and over. Fold the top of the tortilla over the folded sides and put on a baking sheet seam side down. Repeat to make the remaining chimichangas.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 360 degrees. Place 2 chimichangas, seam side down, in the hot oil. Hold the chimichangas down in the oil with tongs for a few seconds to seal. Cook until golden brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Drain the chimichangas on a wire rack and repeat to make the remaining chimichangas.
- Heat the caramel sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the pecans and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Heat the hot fudge in a microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Place a chimichanga on each dessert plate and top with the caramel-pecan sauce. Drizzle hot fudge over the chimichanga and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.