Recipe by Newly Mrs. Johnson
I got this recipe off of this site but made some changes to make it a little bit nicer on the waistline. Thank you 1Steve.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was oh sooooo good. I made one change though, which I made two regular cheesecakes (using chocolate crumb crusts) instead of one large cheesecake in a springform pan. And it worked out great. Other than that, I followed the recipe to the letter, and I would recommend this dessert recipe to anyone. (My cheesecakes were a little warm still when I drizzled the syrups over them, and the chocolate syrup melted and pooled---it didn't effect the taste at all, but they would have looked better had I waited a bit. So I recommend others be careful to wait for the cheesecake to cool completely). It was so delicious though, and I think everyone should try this recipe. Thanks, Newly Mrs. Johnson.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 300°F.
- Grease 9 inch springform pan.
- Combine crumbs and butter in medium bowl.
- Press onto bottom and up 1 inch on side of pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sweetened milk in large mixing bowl.
- Add splenda, eggs, lime juice, and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Microwave morsels in medium bowl for 1 minute on high.
- Morsels may retain some of their shape.
- If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Stir 2 cups of cheesecake batter into melted morsels, mix well.
- Alternately spoon batters into crusts, beginning and ending with yellow batter.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 to 15 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake.
- Cool completely.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup and caramel syrup over cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with pecans and mini morsels.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan.