Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Served at the end of a Cuban - Christmas Meal (Noche Buena). This is a type of nougat that came originally from Spain. In Cuba and now in Miami it is served throughout the Christmas holdays.
- Blanch the almonds and remove the skins.
- Toast the almonds with hazlenuts in an open oven, about 350°F.
- Stir constantly.
- Chop the nuts real fine.
- Beat the egg whites until they are very stiff.
- Add to nuts.
- In a sauce pan, mixc the honey and sugar and melt over med-high heat.
- Add the nut paste, mix & stir constantly for ten minutes and remove from heat.
- Put in shallow china dishes lined with rice paper.
- When cold, sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut into small pieces when set.