Served at the end of a Cuban - Christmas Meal (Noche Buena). This is a type of nougat that came originally from Spain. In Cuba and now in Miami it is served throughout the Christmas holdays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch the almonds and remove the skins.
- 2Toast the almonds with hazlenuts in an open oven, about 350°F.
- 3Stir constantly.
- 4Chop the nuts real fine.
- 5Beat the egg whites until they are very stiff.
- 6Add to nuts.
- 7In a sauce pan, mixc the honey and sugar and melt over med-high heat.
- 8Add the nut paste, mix & stir constantly for ten minutes and remove from heat.
- 9Put in shallow china dishes lined with rice paper.
- 10When cold, sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- 11Cut into small pieces when set.
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turrones
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g