Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From an old clipping from the Houston Chronicle, this makes a quick hot lunch or light dinner!
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese (about 5 ounces total)
- 4 slices ham (thin slices)
- 8 teaspoons sour cream
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- Cut each slice of ham into four pieces.
- Place 1 slice of cheese, 2 squares of ham, and 1 teaspoon of sour cream on 1 of the tortillas. Fold in half, then in half again (should be shaped like a wedge). Repeat with remaining cheese, ham, sour cream, and tortillas.
- Arrange "turnovers" in a shallow greased baking dish. In a small bowl combine tomato sauce and picante sauce. Pour over tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Very good! Half a recipe was made for lunch today. The tortillas were softened in a small amount of oil before filling and folding. They were served with a side salad. Made for Aussie Swap.
i liked ham like this . it gives a smokey flavor to the meal
Easy and delicious...it doesn't get any better than that. I wasn't able to find corn tortillas at the store, so I had to use flour tortillas. This really had a southwestern flavor to it. I topped it off with a little more sour cream. Made for Aug. 2001 Aus/NZ Swap.