Recipe by loof
From an old clipping from the Houston Chronicle, this makes a quick hot lunch or light dinner!
Top Review by PaulaG
Very good! Half a recipe was made for lunch today. The tortillas were softened in a small amount of oil before filling and folding. They were served with a side salad. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese (about 5 ounces total)
- 4 slices ham (thin slices)
- 8 teaspoons sour cream
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each slice of ham into four pieces.
- Place 1 slice of cheese, 2 squares of ham, and 1 teaspoon of sour cream on 1 of the tortillas. Fold in half, then in half again (should be shaped like a wedge). Repeat with remaining cheese, ham, sour cream, and tortillas.
- Arrange "turnovers" in a shallow greased baking dish. In a small bowl combine tomato sauce and picante sauce. Pour over tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.