Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
In response to a request. These are great with a Falafel and a beer!
Make and share this Turnip pickles Lebanese style recipe from Food.com.
- Wash turnips well, peel dark spots, slice off top and base.
- Cut turnips and beetroot into slices.
- Bring water to a boil then add sugar and salt.
- Stir till they dissolve.
- Place turnip as layers in sterilized jars.
- Place beetroot between turnip layers.
- Add water over till it covers them.
- Close jars well, leave for 20 days before use.
This is great recipe and my family loves it. Personally I do it with white vinegar, water, salt, little bit of sugar and I add couple of garlic cloves at the bottom of the jar (I don't boil it). I leave the jar flipped upside down for 2-3 days and then keep in the fridge. Bon Appetite!
I can't believe I found a recipe for these! I had these once in a restaurant, and couldn't stay away from them! I used rutabaga to make these, and it came out great. Bitter, sweet, salty, and crunchy, all at once! Thanks for posting this, Nathalie!!