Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am posting this for the ZWT 2006. No I haven't made or tried it. Compliments of About web page. Times and servings are guesses.
- Grease all of the insides of a 9 inch baking pan,then line with wax paper and grease the wax paper.
- In a saucepan, combine lemon juice, sugar and 1 1/2 cups water on medium heat.
- Stir constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Allow mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer, when the mixture reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer, take off the heat and set aside.
- Mix in cream of tartar, 1 cup corn starch and remaining water into saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir making sure all lumps are gone allow the mixture to begin boiling.
- Stop stirring when the mixture has a glue like consistency.
- Mix in the lemon juice, water and sugar mixture.
- Stir constantly for around 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Do Not let it burn or stick to the pan.
- When the mixture has become a golden color, mix in rosewater.
- Pour mixture into pan lined with wax paper.
- Make sure that it is spread out evenly in the pan and allow to cool overnight.
- When it has cooled overnight, sift together confectioners sugar and remaining cornstarch.
- Turn over baking pan onto clean counter or table and with a oiled knife cut into one inch pieces.
- Coat with confectioners sugar mixture.
- You can serve it immediately or store it in an airtight container in layers separated with wax or parchment paper.