Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe came from an old newspaper clipping. It was in the weekly advertisement insert for our local Randall's grocery store. If you don't have leftover turkey the roast turkey lunchmeat from the deli works well too....
- 236.59 ml diced cooked turkey
- 354.88 ml diced celery
- 141.74 g package frozen peas, thawed
- 311.84 g can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple
- Toss the cubed turkey, diced celery, thawed peas, oranges, and chopped lettuce in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the yogurt and pineapple (with juice).
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Chill 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with walnuts before serving.
I made this today using leftover chicken and couldn't be happier with it. The fruit addition really elevates it above the ordinary. All I had was red leaf lettuce, it was delicious and added to the color. I made just 1 serving for lunch. This is a marvelous recipe that I'll surely make again and recommend.
I used some of my leftover Thanksgiving turkey, and wish I'd added a little more. This is really delicious....kind of reminds me of ambrosia meets salad with the oranges and pineapple. Just be sure to serve quickly, or the lettuce will get soggy! Made for your win in Football Tag! Congrats!
The flavors are amazing. The recipe was reduced and made a delicious lunch today. I made a couple of substitutions based on what I had on hand. Used deli sliced turkey breast with mixed baby greens. The pineapple was fresh and was blended into Greek yogurt using a food processor. This will be something I will repeat.