Recipe by Cook4_6
I love this meat ball recipe and have been making it for years. My Father is Italian, and this reminds me of a lighter version of the meat balls he made when I was a kid. This recipe is from Cooking Light. ( I have also made this using a combination of beef, sausage, and/or ground turkey as well)
Top Review by Sam #3
I was really surprised by this recipe! Everyone loved it, even DH who "hates" zucchini. I made as is except used ground chicken instead of turkey and added a few more spices. I upped the cooking time because DH is ultra paranoid about things being fully cooked and doing that gave it an interesting crisp outer shell with a moist inside. Served with chicken gravy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine all ingredients except cooking spray in a bowl; stir well. Shape mixture into 30 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done.
- Yield: 30 meatballs (serving size: 5 meatballs).